We, the undersigned, stand with Darcie Clarke in requesting that:
1) Allan Schoenborn NOT be granted access to the community at this time, only three years after he killed his three children.
2) The rights of victims and the security of communities receive stronger consideration in cases of "not criminally responsible" because of mental illness.
3) The Criminal Code of Canada be changed such that
- offenders found not criminally responsible of violent offences are compelled to complete a specified length of treatment in the care of a Government facility,
- victims of crime where the offender was found not criminally responsible -- and their families are notified in advance of any hearings involving the release (escorted or otherwise) of the offender, and
- at least two doctors must concur before the release (escorted or otherwise) of a person found Not criminally responsible.